Fully booked. Operating wait list only.
Full day course, 23rd February, London
Major Donor fundraising is the fastest growing area of new income for charities in the UK and internationally. Major Donor fundraising is all about building and nurturing relationships with individuals, so that they want to invest in your organisation and the outcomes that you achieve.
Participants will be introduced to an eight-step process in identifying and securing major individual donors: Identify – Research – Plan – Engage – Ask – Close – Thank – Steward.
The course is intended to provide an overview of major donor fundraising and provide participants with the tools to start a major donor programme in their small charity.
This course will benefit those with a responsibility for major donor fundraising, as well as senior development professionals, chief executives and trustees who are looking to set up a major donor programme in their small charity.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify potential donors both within and outside their current networks;
- Use a range of tools and forms to support donor research in their own organisations, taking into account resource, ethical and legal considerations;
- Develop a donor solicitation plan and prioritise prospects;
- Engage potential major donors to develop their interest in the charity’s work;
- Ask a donor for the right gift, at the right time, for the right project, by the right person;
- Close a major gift, including negotiation and agreement.
Trainer: Maureen Robbins
Venue: Amnesty International UK, Human Rights Action Centre, 17-25 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EA
Date: Thursday 23rd February 2017
Time: 9.30am – 4.30pm
Cost: Full Day Training Courses: have an average market value of £300 but are delivered to our members for £15, to secure a place you will be required to pay a £50 deposit but on attendance and after completing the full day training course £35 will be refunded to you. Retained fees contribute to booking, administration and material costs. Deposits will not be returned in cases of partial attendance.
FULLY BOOKED. Major Donor Fundraising Book this course