Operating a wait list only. vFull day course, 22nd February, London
A comprehensive and effective fundraising strategy is at the core of sustainability for any charity. Taking a strategic approach to fundraising will help ensure that your charity has a mixed income approach which focuses energy and resources to those fundraising areas that will bring maximum return, both in the short-term and long-term. It will also help you to ensure that your fundraising efforts support your charity to fulfil its mission, vision and objectives rather than detract from the valuable work that you do.
This course looks at how to develop your Fundraising Strategy. It will provide a structured road map and relevant tools to enable you to link together organisational objectives and the areas you need to fundraise against, with potential fundraising sources. It will also cover developing an action plan to put the strategy into practice including targets, activities timescales, performance indicators and resource requirements.
This course will benefit the senior fundraiser within your charity, such as the CEO, Fundraising Manager or person leading the fundraising function.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe the purpose and key elements of a fundraising strategy and where it fits with other organisational strategies and plans.
- Use strategic planning tools to contextualise the fundraising strategy, taking into account both organisational factors and the external environment.
- Appraise fundraising options and opportunities to determine which methodologies will be a best fit for their cause, organisation and both short- and long-term needs.
- Prepare an annual plan which sets out, for each fundraising area, targets, activities, timescales, performance indicators and resource requirements.
- Implement the fundraising strategy taking into account potential risks.
- Plan for regular review and monitoring of the fundraising strategy.
Trainer: Linda Palowski
Venue: Amnesty International UK, Human Rights Action Centre, 17-25 New Inn Yard, London EC2A 3EA
Date: Wednesday 22nd February 2017
Time: 9.30am-4.30pm (registration from 9.15am)
Cost: Full Day Training Courses: have an average market value of £300 but are delivered to our members for £15, to secure a place you will be required to pay a £50 deposit but on attendance and after completing the full day training course £35 will be refunded to you. Retained fees contribute to booking, administration and material costs. Deposits will not be returned in cases of partial attendance.
FULLY BOOKED. Develop Your Fundraising StrategyBook this course