This one day course follows on from our one-day ‘Major Donor Fundraising’ and will provide participants with the skills to engage, influence and persuade potential donors to their cause.
Major Donor fundraising is the fastest growing area of new income for charities in the UK and internationally. Major Donor fundraising is all about building and nuturing relationships with individuals, so that they want to invest in your organisation and the ouctomes that you achieve.
This course will build on the concepts covered in the Major Donor Fundraising course, focussing on the engagement and asking stages of the donor cultivation process.
This course will benefit those with a responsibility for major donor fundraising, including fundraisers, senior development professionals, chief executives and trustees. It is suitable for those who involved with major donor fundraising who want to take their skills to the next level.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the needs, concerns and motivations of major donor prospects.
- Engage potential major donors using a 4-step process.
- Use appropriate language and tone to ask a major donor for a gift. This part of the course is filled with practical scenarios and role-play activities.
- Overcome common objections.
- Manage nerves and other potential barriers.
Following this course, we recommend participants attend our one-day Stewardship training course.
Trainer: Janine Edwards
To register your interest in attending this course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, organisation and the name of the course. When dates are confirmed for the course we will email you with a link to book.