Major Donor fundraising is the fastest growing area of new income for charities in the UK and internationally. Major Donor fundraising is all about building and nurturing relationships with individuals, so that they want to invest in your organisation and the outcomes that you achieve.
Participants will be introduced to an eight-step process in identifying and securing major individual donors: Identify – Research – Plan – Engage – Ask – Close – Thank – Steward.
The course is intended to provide an overview of major donor fundraising and provide participants with the tools to start a major donor programme in their small charity. Following this course we strongly recommend delegates attend our follow up day, Major Donors 2: Making the Ask, as well as our Stewardship course, which covers the last two steps of major donor fundraising, Thank and Stewardship.
This course will benefit those with a responsibility for major donor fundraising, as well as senior development professionals, chief executives and trustees who are looking to set up a major donor programme in their small charity.
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify potential donors both within and outside their current networks
- Use a range of tools and forms to support donor research in their own organisations, taking into account resource, ethical and legal considerations
- Create a donor solicitation plan and prioritise prospects
- Engage potential major donors using a four-step process
- Describe the process of closing, including negotiation and agreement.
- Be aware of the importance of thanking and stewardship.
Trainer: Janine Edwards
To register your interest in attending this course, please email email@example.com with your name, organisation and the name of the course. When dates are confirmed for the course we will email you with a link to book.
This course is also delivered in our Roadshow locations, take a look to see if we are visiting your area soon!